Monday, December 15, 2008

Thoughts about end of day 1 "No complaining challenge"


T. Jason Finch

I have to admit that it was a lot harder than what I thought it was going to be to not complain for an entire day... I did come very close to complaining, but I held my tongue and then I said "Cancel, cancel, cancel" to the negative thoughts about complaining that immediately arose in my head.

When you get negative thoughts in your head, simply say Cancel three times, or you can say, "Thanks for sharing, pass."

This works great because you are acknowledging the part of your brain that is being negative but then you are training it that you want to look at the positive in all situations.

This is not something that happens over night. Hell, most people don't even know what the Hell they are even thinking. I wasn't aware for the longest time, well, until I read a fantastic book called: "What to Say When You Talk To Yourself".

Anyways, to be short, I am excited that I have made it through the day. I am going to continue this challenge for another day.

One of the things that I said to myself was, "No matter what happens today, I am simply going to let it be ok. I am going to just let it be and not be judgmental about whatever tries my patience."

Simply just pretend that it doesn't matter, that it's not your business to get mad or upset over anything. Because when we complain, we are basically saying that we have no control of what is happening to us. Which is not correct. The moment that you accept 100% responsibiltity for everything in your life, you immediately take back the power and control to make changes in your life.

Otherwise, you play the victim role. And we all know what happens to victim.
Anyways, this post is about doing your best to stay positive and not complain.

Don't get down if you find yourself with sore wrists at the end of the day from snapping your rubber band. It's all good. Just keep trying. Set little goals for yourself... If you can't go an entire day... Don't complain for 1 hour, then work yourself up to a day... and et cetera.

I am looking forward to tomorrow.

If you have comments about this post, please post them below... Goooood Day!

If you think you are ready for a challenge and you are brave enough jump on board. It's never too late to change yourself to becoming the "Perfect You."
T. Jason Finch

No comments:

Post a Comment